Sunday 21 June 2015

Why do Disasters always occur in Threes?

This is an interesting concept to ponder as I sit in the East End Gallery this afternoon. Another blast of rain has come and gone, with the odd rumble of thunder, and the temperature has definitely dropped in the wake of this front. I doubt that even Diane Rigby will be in shorts today.

The fire is roaring and I have the column heater on behind me to keep my back warm. This may sound like a bit of overkill, except I left my cardigan at home this morning as I hurtled out the door to open the Gallery. For the first time in days, I actually need an additional layer of clothing. And I left my cardie hanging on the back of my chair....

The second disaster is associated with the spasmodic nature of the rain. Madame Ruby, the Beagle from hell, used a break in the weather to nick off again. And I'd already called her inside once and rewarded her with copious, over the top praise and a cat biscuit. She was pretty unimpressed with only one biccie. I can only deduce that is the reason for her latest bout of escapology. She is a complete witch.

The last disaster has involved gas bottles and hot water - or the lack of it. Half way through my shower, I was horrified to feel the temperature of the water dropping. I finished washing my face as frigid was reached. Michael went to check the gas bottles. One bottle appears to have been leaking into the other. Bollocks. Fortunately, Michael has been able to hook up our BBQ bottle, which, fingers crossed, will provide us with cooking  facilities and hot water for our showers until the hardware opens tomorrow! Wish us luck.

There you have it. Another set of three disasters. Fortunately, none are life-threatening. And hey, we can always pretend we're camping and have bucket baths in front of the fire. And what luxury. Our fire at home is at least indoors.


Michael, we've run out of hot water!!!!!


The cunning canine in full flight.


How my feet feel this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment