Tuesday 23 June 2015

New Signage at the Gallery!

Today was a pretty go slow day to start. After yesterday, our get up and go had got up and left. Eventually, Michael stirred himself and went to the Gallery to begin the arduous task of removing all our old painted sign and replacing that with our groovy new decals.
He rang me to ask if I'd come to help. I was surprised as I had received my cortisone injection yesterday and I wasn't supposed to use my arm for forty-eight hours. I felt I'd be about as useful as tits on a bull....
What he needed was minimal physical assistance and lots of guiding of the decals on the window. Which was quite amusing that he would ask me. I am right handed and left eye dominant. Which means I can't line anything up to save my life!
To add further excitement, we had two visitors into the Gallery. Shera (I hope I've spelt her name correctly) wanted to buy a birthday present for her host where she was staying. She bought an exquisite piece of slumped glass made by one of our local artists, Michelle.
And Linda, who we later discovered had been to school with cousin Zoe, wandered in for a good old chat. We had a great time and she promised to return. We reluctantly had to bid her farewell as the afternoon was moving along and the light was fading.
Between us, with a final flourish of Windex, we finished the task at hand. Now we have a real WOW factor on our Gallery windows. Come up and see the new sign soon. I'm planning on opening an extra day this week - Thursday - to gauge interest. And, of course, we're open Friday to Sunday 11 am - 5 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment