Tuesday 24 November 2015

On Generosity.

The last couple of weeks have been a tad trying. And unexpectedly upsetting. Two separate situations that have left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Alex's hastened departure from what I hoped would be his "forever" home. The vicious encounter with the local proprietor who wanted no part of either the East End Gallery or our Christmas raffle.

The latter episode shook me badly. I am still recovering. Depression isn't a condition that copes well with unforeseen and unwarranted attack. I have felt myself slipping towards the abyss a few times and have fought my way back. I have to keep telling myself that this is nothing to do with me and everything to do with the other person.

And yet, in the midst of negativity has come kindness, understanding, love and encouragement. A cup of tea with supportive friends. The Beverley Newsagent's donation of our raffle ticket books.  a touch and a smile. My beloved Michael watching out for me and my welfare.

And an overwhelming response to my post on the Beverley Buy, Sell and Notices pages seeking gifts of household goods for Alex in his new bachelor pad.

We have been given a vacuum cleaner, a double boiler, a colander/ steamer, two rubbish bins, little teapots, an iron and an ironing board so far. I have also purchased him a fridge for under a hundred dollars from Gumtree. And the offers have kept coming. IF anyone out there has a pantry cupboard that is no longer needed, please let me know. That would be EVERYTHING on Alex's list.

We move Alex tomorrow and his future is looking much brighter. He is an absolutely charming young man (and no, I am not biased) and wants to live as independently as he can. And his unit will be filled with the generosity of others.

I am almost beyond words. That doesn't happen very often. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.


The three men in my life...


Alex and Adrienne at the Befriend Ball...



 and with Chris Della Bonna.

Feeling loved...



and wanting to tell you all.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely xx hugs beautiful friend xx Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too, Rozzy. Live, love and laugh, my beautiful Indigo Warrior xxx

      Delete