Monday 24 June 2019

The Beverley Hillbillies are GO!

Back in the time of the dinosaurs, one of my favourite programmes was "Thunderbirds". Created by Brits Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, the series revolved around the Tracy family, who were devoted to international rescues. Added to the mix were local genius "Brains", London intelligence operative "Lady Penelope" and driver "Parker". All the action was orchestrated by marionettes.

I have reached a stage in life when I often move at the speed of a marionette. Hence, the "Thunderbirds" hold a special significance. As I age, I achieve more slowly and deliberately. Which doesn't mean I enjoy life any less. I still love every aspect of my existence. I just don't complete goals as quickly as I used to. And that is okay.

We are leaving in the morning for our Northern Jaunt.  I have been packing, and packing, and packing for a number of weeks. Digger the caravan is bulging at the seams. Lily has been swept. Mostly, all is in situ. We are hoping to leave around midday. All is well in our world.

We have hit the jackpot again with our house sitters. Patrick and Liz seem like a wonderful couple who will look after Station House, Pip, Madame Cat, the Pirate Parrot and the gardens to the best of their abilities. I have no doubt that we will return to a scrupulously clean home, satisfied pets and living gardens.

All is well with our world. Roll on blast-off!














No comments:

Post a Comment