Sunday 27 May 2018

She Rocks!

Beverley is a remarkable and engaging country town.

Not always. When we moved to Beverley in January 2011, the town had been traumatised by the driest year on record. The country was grey, the streets were dusty and there were empty shops aplenty. However, we still saw the hidden charm that we knew was there and did not hesitate to make Beverley our home.

Fast forward seven years. Every shop in town is leased. New businesses have opened. The school is growing. Homes are being snapped up and John Rozema and his trusty partner, Lindsey Doyle are the local Builders to the Stars.

Two of the more recent arrivals in town, Nourishabley and U Beauty Country, came up with the bright idea of offering Mothers' Day vouchers for twin pampering opportunities to be held this weekend.

Janet of Nourishabley offered a choice of deep tissue massage, relaxing massage or hot rocks massage. Kerryanne of U Beauty Country's contributions were manicure, pedicure or facial. After much deliberation, I decided upon a hot rocks massage and a manicure. The massage was easy - I'd never tried hot rocks. And as for my hands, they are probably the most neglected appendages on my body and deserved a bit of intensive care.

I was summoned for my manicure just after two thirty. My hands were taken by Kerryanne, soaked, exfoliated, conditioned, massaged and my nails painted. Bliss. And even though I'd mucked up my thumb nail's polish before I left U Beauty, I didn't care. Even if pampering only lasts for five seconds, I still love the whole process. And Kerryanne was gentle. Believe me, I've had so-called manicures that have not been fun...

Across the road to Nourishabley. First world problem emerged. How to get undressed for my hot rocks massage without smudging my nails further. Janet was up to the task. She undressed me along with much hilarity and her spoken concern that I may fart whilst she was removing my trousers. I wouldn't have dreamed of doing such a thing! Unless my laughing caused an involuntary explosion...

First time lying on my tummy since surgery. Knee surprisingly comfortable. Janet started with her hands on my back. Then came her use of the warmed rocks up and down my tight-as-a-spring spine. I was in ecstasy. Janet's comment was - "If you are going to having an orgasm, I am out of here!" In spite of her protestations, my roars of delight continued. Luckily, I was the last client of the day...

The evening finished with drinks, Kerryanne's fabulous pumpkin soup and sweet and savoury nibbles. Michael was in his element, surrounded by five women. The atmosphere was truly wonderful. Having a social adjunct at the end actually added to the delight, as we enjoyed each other's company and shared more of ourselves. We partied on until six o'clock. The only tiny downside was that Janet and Kerryanne were slightly disappointed with only six takers for their pampering day.

As far as I am concerned, the day was a triumph for both pampering purveyors.

I really hope they repeat this fabulous experience later in the year. Thank you, Janet and Kerryanne!



Post-pampering munchies!


Oh yes, oh yes...




The Dynamic Duo - Janet (left) and Kerryanne.


Pampering on offer...


Oh, Heaven!


And even if the nail polish only lasted five seconds on Anxiety Girl, it was worth it!


And last but not least - party bags to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment