Thursday 23 September 2021

Always Look On The Bright/Right Side Of Life...

This week has been One for the Pool Room. That saying has been borrowed from that fabulous Australian movie "The Castle", designating an object so revered that it would be housed in the Inner Sanctum. My rendition of this week is somewhat tongue in cheek. 

The NDIA have rejected my request for $3700 of Alex's funding to be used for reverse cycle airconditioning in his unit, which would enhance his general quality of life and his daily functionality. Apparently, I need not submit enough medical evidence (!) We are back to Square One.

Alex also lost all his savings this week. A four-year-old scam involving Apple cards, release of information on the card and transmitting that code to the scammer emptied Alex's bank account. If I ever get hands on that scammer, I may forget my pacifist tendencies.

Michael and I hoped that an ill-advised shareholding decision from 2007 might involve the sale of an asset this week. The other shareholders, eager for more for their buck, will reject an offer. We are desolate and I am angry. Any monies that could be submitted against our mortgage would help us. Alas, this is not to be.

What can I do in the face of such adversity? I raged and cried on Tuesday. I took action researching on Wednesday. Today, I have been in the Gallery which is becoming my happy/sane space. Although a Thursday, we had a steady flow of guests through, all keen to enjoy the experience in our eclectic atmosphere. 

I could almost forget my mental fatigue, my frustration and the anguish of sparring with the NDIA. They do not seem to care about who they are suppose to be assisting. Alex and I are so grateful for the funding, however the monies need to go towards those supports that make a difference to Alex's life, rather than what the NDIA designates he needs.

So, the East End Gallery helps keep me on the straight and narrow. We are focusing on the coming long weekend. Tomorrow, we open as usual. Saturday heralds one of our famous Sundowners. Sunday is the Day After. Monday, we intend to close at 2pm as we are travelling to the Big Smoke to see the Grandbaby.

I need a couple of days of down time. I am exhausted. However, between now and Monday, I intend to be filled with vim, vigor and vitality. Stuff all my issues. I need to run the joint through this long weekend.

Here is the lowdown -

  • Friday - open 11 am - 5 pm
  • Saturday - open 11 am until 12 pm
  • Sunday - open 11 am - 5 pm
  • Monday - open 11 am - 2 pm
So do yourselves a favour and turn your vehicle of choice in the direction of Beverley this long weekend. I promise you will not be disappointed!


Visitors Centre Beverley...


Hotel Beverley...


The Station...


Spring in Beverley!


Public artwork...


Town hall...


The Bank House...


Dead Finish museum...





Freemasons Tavern...


June Sundowner images - 


















No comments:

Post a Comment