Saturday 18 July 2015

Dear Indiegogo readers...

I know it's a big ask, but, I'm going to ask anyway. There are 31 days left in our Indiegogo campaign and I'd really do just about anything to boost contributions to the East End Gallery.
It's a tad nippy to masquerade starkers on Vincent Street and I certainly don't have Lady Godiva's hair. I'm extremely uncoordinated, so juggling knives is also out of the question. I have demonstrated fire breathing once, but that involved citronella oil, a cigarette lighter and the bravery obtained from  giggly drunkenness!

So I'm open to suggestions. My singing is pretty woeful, my jokes terrible and I'm completely unadorned by height or beauty. What you see is what you get. 

I can tell a good story. I'm passionate about our building, our artists and our dream. I can talk about that until the cows come home. I can also take you on a tour of our building, show Michael at work either renovating or creating and offer a decent cup of tea or coffee, with a muffin. I can tell you about our brilliant, quirky little town with its many attractions. We have comfy chairs, a sofa, the newspapers and our local newsletter where you are welcome to sit and watch the world go by.

We welcome dogs and children. One of our art pieces is a garden art miniature horse made out of half a tyre, wood, raffia and loads of ingenuity. I have photographic evidence of one of our younger patrons enjoying a horse ride in the East End Gallery with a metal spider clutched in his other hand.
We have a dog water bowl and I am quite prepared to look the other way if your canine companion snaffles a muffin. By the way, we have apple muffins and lamingtons available for sampling in the East End Gallery this afternoon.

If everybody who reads this post could contribute a few dollars to our campaign, we would be a step closer to completing the East End Precinct. We would then be able to offer artists the chance to live, work and display their art in the best-kept secret in Western Australia's Wheatbelt.

So do yourselves a favour, get in the car and drive up to Heavenly Beverley and drop into the East End Gallery. In the meantime, enjoy the photos of Wyatt, our young visitor, in full flight on one of our pieces of art!

Best wishes and have a great day,
Kate.


 Ride em cowboy...


a horse and a metal spider fridge magnet. What more could a lad desire?

www.indiegogo.com/projects/east-end-gallery-supporting-wheatbelt-artists/x/11068363#/updates

No comments:

Post a Comment