Saturday 28 March 2015

Onward and Upward - Another Day of Renovation

I was really worried about Michael today. He's not old - he's only fifty-nine - but he has a complex medical background we have to monitor on a daily basis. Emphysema, anxiety, reflux, rashes, plantar warts and general wear and tear are testing him. Just about twelve months ago, he nearly died from pneumonia. He has been working with his second in command, Gary, non-stop for nearly two months on the extension of the East End Gallery. Which is supposed to be ready for our Autumn Exhibition this coming Thursday.

I went to the Big Smoke to collect four chairs for the Gallery today. And champagne, trays, plastic wine glasses and serviettes for the opening. I was away most of the day. I arrived back in Heavenly Beverley around three thirty. I saw three groups of visitors through the Gallery before I came home. As I hadn't slept well last night, I put my head down for an hour. Vanessa can attest to my snoring.

I drove to the Gallery at seven. Michael still wasn't home. He and Gary were watching the concrete for the ramp set. They were debating whether to cover the newly set concrete or not. Saturday night in Beverley; they were fearful of drawing the attention of any drunken yobbos. An older guy with an elderly dog tottered past the front door of Shop 4. For some unknown reason, the dog had a boost of sudden energy and trod in the concrete. OMG.

Gary is not well and I could see he was as exhausted as Michael. He went off his nut at the bloke and the dog. That didn't help. Eventually, the bloke apologised, I explained how tired Michael and Gary were and the concrete was smoothed over. Calm was restored.

We've had dinner and Vanessa is currently giving Michael a massage. His joints are seizing with the physical work he is doing. I'm about to call it quits as well.

Tomorrow is another day. The plinths have to be painted and the tin wall started. We are on four days and counting...


watching concrete set


dog footprint invasion


plinths reday for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment