Thursday 26 March 2015

Benefits of a Tantrum or Two - But Wait There's More

I am in a queue on the landline trying to set up a business account through our bank. I also have two e-mails pending, waiting for information so I can complete them and send them. One is about window measurements at the East End Gallery for our advertising stickers. My darling husband was supposed to ring back with the measurements about half an hour ago. He hasn't as yet. The other e-mail is to apply for an EFTPOS terminal. For which I need a business account. From the bank...

At least I am doing this from home today. Still in my passion killer. Can't be bothered getting dressed. Yesterday I was in the Big Smoke, trying to sort out a series of stuff ups. Two disasters through the bank and lots through Telstra.

The bank disasters were first - the disappearance of my Dispute Form back in February. Apparently the Northam branch never lodged this form. Which means the $901.43 for sporting apparel, purchased in the UK, that was debited to my Mastercard is still accruing interest! And the Foreign Exchange charge. I stupidly assumed that when I handed the Dispute Form across the counter, it would be sent to the right part of the bank. Wrong!

Second, I have been trying to organise an EFTPOS terminal for the Gallery for weeks. I rang and left a message with the Business Team. Nobody rang me back. I visited a Business Centre, which I thought might deal with stuff like this. No, they don't actually talk to people. Then I sent an e-mail to a bloke through Merchant Services, who didn't e-mail me back.

So yesterday, in the Midland branch, I had a complete meltdown. Suddenly, nothing was too much trouble. My dispute form was lodged, the bloke from Merchant Services rang me this morning and we have been playing e-mail ping pong all day. But, just when I thought all was sorted...it wasn't.

We need a business account. which we don't have. Which nobody told us we needed to have before we could apply for the EFTPOS terminal. Which we can't do at a branch in person as we can't afford to lose half a day in travel and farnarcalling (who remembers the D-Generation?) around before the opening next Thursday. Now trying to get it sorted electronically, with another bloke from the Business Team, but we've really run out of time. Give me strength...

And now to recount my latest dealings at Telstra. Why do people automatically hate Telstra? Saves time! We have been right royally shafted by a series of monumental mistakes. Like the installation of our new home  modem and set up for  Bigpond by a Telstra technician. which we were charged for and never happened. Or having access to the Platinum team (always speaking to an Australian operative) which was part of our bundle. Which never happened. Or the tech support in the Philippines who failed to set up our settings correctly on my laptop so I couldn't send e-mails. Or the same tech support wanting to charge us for the Platinum team access we'd already paid for.

I was in fine form. I bellowed at the poor "meet and greet" attendant at the Telstra shop. I said I'd return in an hour for an appointment and that my problems needed to be fixed. I went and had physio and some fun dry needling into my elbows. Then I went back.

Dan the excellent tech support onsite at Midland Telstra tried to find the root of the problem. He found it. In one little box on our account page was one little word that had caused chaos. Error...someone had screwed up and not checked. He was still working on fixing the account settings when I left. He even gave me his work mobile in case of further emergencies.

I arrived home, shattered, after seven thirty last night. I managed to put some chicken in the oven before I collapsed with a very large glass of vino.

It's twenty past two in the afternoon. I have just received the business account applications from the bank. Another job I have to do. I have sent the e-mail to our web designer with the window measurements for our advertising stickers.

Except I'm going to have a couple of hours off. I'm going to submerge myself in some mindless housework for a while.

At least I'll know what I'm doing!

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment.



No comments:

Post a Comment