Friday 27 March 2015

Back with a Vengeance!

The last week or so has been pretty ordinary and very frustrating. Disputes with banking and telecommunication companies are bound to try the patience of a saint. And I am definitely no saint. Not to mention the Beagle's antics. Yesterday, she reverted to toddler status and decided to bring dog pooh inside - into Sascha and Pip's bed. And she was still seemingly oblivious to the electric collar. Michael tested it on himself to be sure and confirmed that it was on "take that you little cow!" zapping level by nearly giving himself a coronary.

The day did not get off to a good start. I had scalded my left thumb with escaping steam from our Beef Wellington parcels just as I was serving dinner. This troublesome thumb caused me grief all evening. Eventually, copious amounts of vino and pain killers lulled me into the best sleep I've had in weeks. Neither of us woke until eight thirty this morning...

Which was when Michael had arranged to meet our esteemed carpenter, handyman and international acclaimed drummer, Guy, to make plinths for the Gallery.  So, we both hurtled out of bed with no tea or coffee, no food and no drugs. Not a great start to the day.

After Michael left, I went outside. There was evidence of overnight rain. The garden looked green and washed. The back yard was calling me. I hadn't been in my garden for weeks. I decided then and there that ninety minutes of garden therapy was needed.

So I walked and weeded and poked and prodded. Michael had filled Ruby the Beagle's excavation with enough rubble to slow her down. In fact, it had stopped her in her tracks. The day was getting better and better.

I even managed to wash up and clear the debris from yesterday. I was late to the Gallery but I didn't care. My soul was revived by my time in the garden.

So I prepared to vacuum the Gallery. I was interrupted by two visitors - a local lady called Maxine and her friend, Libby, from New South Wales. They admired the Gallery, complimented our efforts, appreciated our history and I gave them the grand tour. Suddenly, I was in love with my life again.

I vacuumed. Colleen Sleer, Beverley photographer and all round gorgeous lady dropped into the Gallery to discuss some framed photos for the Autumn Exhibition. We shared our individual trials and tribulations. And laughed a lot. Sometimes, the insurmountable can seem less daunting when I can laugh out loud with a gem like Colleen.

We bought lunch from the Red Vault Cafe across the road. Now, I was nourished as well. I formed a plan of action. Strolling into the local ANZ branch here in town, I asked Michelle the manager to perform a miracle. And so she did. Within the next two hours, she had opened our business account, organised our cards and hooked us up with Merchant Services in Sydney to get an elusive EFTPOS terminal ordered and hopefully delivered by Thursday. She couldn't promise, but we didn't care. She'd never seen us before in her life and she helped us with our problem. People like Michelle deserve a medal for effort on a Friday afternoon. And her computer system went down as well.

Now, I'm preparing to go home to the House that Rocks. I have more energy than I've had in days. Our darling Vanessa has just arrived to give me a hand at home this weekend.

The best part of this afternoon was the ever so polite e-mails I sent the Bankwest Merchant Services and the Business Team. Their service had not been up to scratch and I told them this. Sometimes, even an ordinary person like me can take great satisfaction in telling a large organisation where to go...!


Our garden at dusk


What I intend to do in our garden at dusk.



No comments:

Post a Comment