Wednesday 22 November 2023

Where The Hell Did November Go?!

 I haven't posted since 5 November. I hear you. What have I been doing?! Actually, rather a lot...

Those of you who are familiar with the Australian banks will not be surprised to hear of the ordeal I have suffered at the hands of the ANZ. Largely thanks to Indian call centres with a specific script that allows absolutely no deviation, I have had the EFTPOS terminal cut to the East End Gallery, numerous emails, messages and phone calls all because their "Know Your Customer" form required an Australian Business Number. Which we did not have and nobody told us that we needed one...

Finally, I have been granted a complaints person, small business assistance and an apology with a goodwill gesture of $300 for that month of  pure frustration. Am I placated? Well, any credit from a Big Four bank is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...However, as of this evening, my Sole Trader profile has not been "uploaded" and I have received no confirmation that the horrendously harassing "Know Your Customer" team have received the details of my ABN.

Then, of course, the NDIS has continued on its merry way to duck, weave, wiggle and obstruct any attempt for us to be reimbursed $1600 for Alex's CPAP device...from his existing funding. That's right - the funding is there in Alex's name and so far, we have been unable to access this refund, in spite of meeting all the NDIS' criteria. This has been an ongoing saga for eight months. I have most recently written to the Minister (again), the CEO and the State Manager. 

My black sense of humour entered overdrive this morning when I was contacted by yet another NDIS complaints officer asking if my concerns had been addressed. In response I sent her sixteen points of the NDIS' failures in the last four years. I ended my response with the cheerful comment - "What is wrong with you people?"

I also sent my concerns to the ABC. I have yet to receive any acknowledgement. We have had a royal Commission into Disability in this country, but frankly, nobody actually gives a shit about our situation and I suspect, many others like me.

Michael has now been diagnosed with Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnoea and will begin his CPAP trial next Thursday. As for me, I have endured various examinations and tests which has left me with more questions than answers. One of our local doctors listening to my chest led to an X-ray. Hiatus. Then a chest CT. Hiatus. Bronchitis? Inflammation? Asthma? Heart defect? Hiatus. Today was an excruciating illustration of how an echo-cardiogram technician should not behave. I understood he had to move my boob around but he could have warned me before he did so. He questioned why I wanted Michael with me and pontificated in a patronising tone that a cardiologist - "heart doctor" - would have to view my results before the report was sent to my GP. What an officious little prick.

Once more I now wait. I have an exercise stress test and a calcium score CT next Thursday. I have looked up what the latter test, so I know what will happen. Then? You guessed it...Hiatus. I then see the cardiologist on 13 December...

No wonder we all are anxious about our health. We are not privy to information or results until some bloody doctor decides...This situation is entirely unacceptable. 

Tomorrow is another day. With no mistakes as yet. So I will take Miss Lexi and Miss Stella for a walk before the heat becomes too great. I shall open the East End Gallery with a smile on my dial. 

And keep hoping for resolutions.








 
 
 
 




Apparently, this defect was viewed on my cheat CT...



Of nobody giving me the assistance I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment