Tuesday 5 January 2016

A Line in the Sand.

This is an open letter to the Sofoulis clan. I have had enough of guerilla warfare. I have had enough of sniping from the sidelines or from behind the curtain of Facebook. I have decided there will be no more attacks on Michael.

Those who speak ill of Michael should want to have nothing to do with him. Except that's not the case. They jeer at him, sneer at him, call him names, undermine his self-esteem, attack his self-worth. All four of his children treat him with utter contempt. And none of them have the courage to see him, listen to him, hear his version of events.

Michael admits his mistakes. They haunt him every day. Nobody is lily white. Are they prepared to change the status quo? No. They just want to keep privately whinging that Michael is a terrible father and claims to be a victim.

The world is not black and white. None of you who attack Michael recognise this fact. Guess what Dawn Ogley, I know what a needy person you were to Joan. Guess what Holly Sofoulis, you used to rage against your mother. Guess what Hayden Sofoulis, I bet you haven't mentioned your dad took you away, just the two of you, for a number of years. David Fasolo, I dare you to meet us. Ditto, Natalia Cichon.

Guess what Amy Sofoulis and Emily Rollings, your grandmother told me lots of truths about your mother. You attended her funeral and ignored your father. How dare you disrespect her. And him.

So, I am declaring a duel. I am slapping your faces and throwing my glove on the ground. Either put up or shut up. Are you, Amy and Emily, Hayden and Holly, prepared to go to family counselling to try and sort out your differences? If not, go away. Forever.

Oh and here's an invitation to the rest of the Sofoulis family. Somebody needs to speak to Michael's children about respecting him. That means compromise. If they are not prepared to do so, we will have to absent ourselves from family occasions as we are tired of being treated as second-class citizens.

I am Michael's wife. I support Michael and his well being. My children love him. Our daughter has taken his name. It's time to put up or shut up. All of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment