Tuesday 5 April 2022

A Tea Party With The Mad Hatter? Or In Boston? ...Not On Your Life...It Was Ros' Sensational Tea Cosy Workshop and Party @ The Station Gallery!

This post has been floating about inside my head for over a week. Other priorities always seemed to waylay my best plans. A trip to the Big Smoke to take Alex to an appointment, followed by an afternoon of togetherness. A three-day dust-a-thon within the East End Gallery. Rearranging the Giftshop with new items...again. Frantically writing the overdue April newsletter. Welcoming intrepid guests into the Gallery despite the chaotic road conditions. Luxuriating in the sudden change from the blast furnace of summer to the gentle mildness of autumn. Whoever said that living in a regional town was boring has obviously never lived in Heavenly Beverley.

We are off this morning to a community meeting regarding the river park beautification. I have a scheme to share. Actually, I cannot take credit for this marvellous idea. A brainchild Ros Newick, who was Artist-In-Residence at the Station until the end of March. I am simply the messenger of her creative machinations.

I first met Ros and husband Russ last year at our Easter Markets here in Beverley. She is another spectacularly gifted multi-talented artist. From quirky tea cosies to a woman warrior's corset, painting to intricate floral designs, stunning quilts and wall hangings, Ros has forged her career over many years. Her energy is intoxicating. Her sense of humour out of left field. Her witty conversation never ceases. She brought friends galore into our beloved  East End Gallery. And she enjoys her vino with gusto, so she and I forged our rekindled relationship over a glass or two on quite a few occasions.

So, with joyful enthusiasm, I decided to record her Tea Cosy Workshop and Afternoon Tea, held at the Station two Sundays ago. Party, party, party! I listened, I watched, I photographed, I mingled. Most of the participants had travelled from the city to attend on a breezy and humid afternoon. At least two of the ladies claimed they didn't have an artistic bone in their bodies. Under Ros' tutelage and with materials galore, every attendee left with a beautiful and original tea cosy. The afternoon tea was pretty good too.

I managed to score four tea pots and cosies for the Gallery from Ros. I have already sold one of them in under a week. I have sent an SOS to Ros for more. I am convinced that her wonderful tea cosies are going to be the latest must-have accessories for cool afternoons.

Don't just take my word for it. Come and view Ros' wares at the East End Gallery, along with a myriad of other spectacular artists and artisans. And I can attest to dust free surfaces and items...for at least the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing all our guests in the East End Gallery from Thursday.

And a reminder - The East End Gallery's next Famous Sundowner begins at 5.30pm on Saturday 16 April. You all know the drill...

  • FREE sausage sizzle from 5.30pm
  • FREE live music from 6.30pm
  • Easter theme
  • Please bring a bottle and plate to share
  • Enjoy the opportunity to meet with other art lovers, engage in fabulous conversation and tuck into a delicious array of culinary delights
  • If you are musically inclined, arrive with your instrument or your voice.
  • If you are not musically inclined, sing and dance like nobody is watching!
See you there!












































Thank you, Ros Newick, for being both my friend and another idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment