Saturday 26 March 2022

Oh, The Pain...The Pain...The Pain...(And The Irony!)

Who remembers the fabulous, original television series "Lost in Space", which premiered in 1965 and ran for three years. We were in awe of John Robinson, Father-of-the-Year and unflappable leader, resigned to Maureen Robinson's motherly attentions, adoring of that hothead pilot Don West, bemused by Judy Robinson's inclusion, amused by Penny Robinson and both irritated and amazed at boy genius Will Robinson. The final two regulars were the Robot (warning, warning, danger, danger!) and the dastardly Doctor Zachary Smith, who delighted in insulting the Robot (you bubble-headed booby!), planning the demise of the Robinson family whilst saving his own skin or whimpering in mental or physical imagined discomfort (the pain, the pain, the pain!). In my case, the mental anguish caused by Telstra's inept staff and terrible service has driven me to the edge of the theoretical cliff and would be enough to try the patience of a saint. Doctor Smith would be cringing in a corner...

Here is another update on the latest epic fail of Telstra. Yesterday morning, I was rung by a chap from Telstra in Melbourne to apologise repeatedly and profoundly (again) for their lack of attention and woeful communication. I would identify him if he had spoken slowly enough for me to hear his name. Which he didn't. He was effusive in his apologetic monologue - I could barely break into the one-sided conversation. Then came the most wondrous of circumstances...my phone dropped out without any warning. After several tries, much to his consternation, we re-established communication and I informed him that this was par for the course in Beverley at present.

Further to our Man from Melbourne has been continuing useless assistance through Messenger from - Elms, Dan, Austin, Winona, Febey (!), Angela and Michelle. The latest suggestion was to download the Telstra app, so I could contact the billing team and ask for a credit due to the "hardware fault" that has been severely restricting our telecommunications. I followed the steps, which involved asking for a code to be sent to my phone to proceed with the app's installation. As we are currently staying in the Perth metro area, surely my phone would receive the code from Telstra. Think again...

The last advice from Michelle was that I ring the billing team direct on 132 200. She is obviously assuming I will be able to access a signal!

I can feel another message being formulated to Mister Andrew Penn, the CEO of Telstra in the very near future. 


The Robinsons, Doctor Smith, Don West and the Robot from "Lost in Space"


The pilot,,,


The sisters...


The Robot and Will...


Doctor Smith...







Our Man from Melbourne...


Call Centre cacophony...








Telstra's CEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment