Friday 16 July 2021

A Beautiful Onslow Day...

We have been in Onslow for over twenty-four hours. Suddenly, we feel like our feet have been taken off the accelerator and we have slowed from frenetic to free-and-easy. We rose at the respectable time of nine o'clock, Rather reluctantly, I saddled up Stella and Pip and headed for the beach. 

Once we were traipsing up the wet sand of Beadon Bay towards one of the wrecked jetties, all thoughts of reticence were forgotten. The morning light was clear and crisp, the breeze a tad chilly, but fine with my cardigan and tee shirt, and the dogs went berserk after their night time snoozing. Stella belted up and down the beach, found a deceased seagull upon which she enthusiastically rolled and a fish carcass she uncovered and consumed with gusto. Pip was far more gentlemanly. The tide was out and I was tempted to explore the remains of the closest jetty. However, without sensible shoes, I was loath to do so. That excursion will have to wait.

My return to Digger found my hero husband finishing my cup of tea. We passed the morning very pleasantly with breakfast, checking emails, weather, accounts, my blog and Facebook. We both showered in the caravan's excellent cubicle and I tackled the dishes. Clothes washing could wait...

We set out for a walk into town at some stage in the mid afternoon. I had taken my watch off with our newly captured release from responsibility. We chatted to Peter, a fundraiser outside the supermarket and donate five dollars towards two raffle tickets and a donation to Heartkids. An interesting chap, Peter lived in Albany for nine months of the year and by the Ashburton River for the three winter months. In a caravan with his dog.

We stopped at the Beadon Bay Hotel for a drink in the welcoming beer garden. A couple of glasses of vino was enjoyed with chatting to locals and visitors alike. The chap on duty was from Chile and I promised we'd return. Either Sunday or Tuesday night is looking good, as the pub is closed on Mondays. Tomorrow, I plan to attend the Op Shop, the markets and finish with dinner at the Onslow Beach Club. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 60th birthday.

Stay tuned...


The Paparazzi...


The Paparazzi with Michael...


Michael the paparazzi...


At the Beadon Bay pub...


An utterly relaxed Michael at the pub...


On the beach -





At the ANZAC memorial -











Coming into port...


Coming!


Late afternoon at our site.


No comments:

Post a Comment