Sunday 25 March 2018

Ten NEW Things I Have Learnt From This Hospital Visit


  • I need to check my nightie before I pack it as my only item of bedtime wear. Having a few moth holes around my boob is not entirely satisfactory...
  • New rules for having Michel's meals held when he is off the ward is rather tenuous. Hot meals will only be held in the warming boxes for forty minutes before being turfed. Woe betides if he was having a CT or an angiogram...
  • Hollywood Health Campus has a number of slopes, both downward and upward. Trying to keep my husband seated in his wheelchair when out negotiating these paths was a tad tricky at times...
  • Communication between all facets of a large medical centre continues to be problematic. The ambos delivering Michael to Hollywood Hospital at nine-thirty on a Monday evening had to persuade the bloke on the inside to open the door...
  • Air conditioning is either set at Saudi Arabia or Falkland Islands temperatures. There is no happy medium...
  • Fold out beds that look comfortable aren't necessarily so...
  • I never knew that a hospital chimney lit at night is an incredible photographic opportunity...
  • Blood tests are always scheduled just as breakfast arrives...
  • The sadists that insist Michael is shaved around his groin then decide to conduct his angiogram through his wrist artery...
  • Sometimes, we have to leave hospital with no answers.


Hollywood Hospital attitude at 9.30pm on a Monday evening


Ah, the atmosphere in the AngioSuite



Alright, I photographed the chimney at 5 am!


Somebody is going home


Oh yeah!


What it feels like when we leave hospital

How the nurses feel!




No comments:

Post a Comment