Sunday 22 October 2017

Galloping Toward the Final Straight!

This year seems to have whizzed by at an extraordinarily rapid pace. I had only just become used to 2016 when January was upon us. Now, entering late October, I find myself having to consciously think about every day as each one breaks into the next. If I have achieved one goal this year, that would be saying "twenty seventeen" instead of the more cumbersome "two thousand and seventeen". I've only been working on this achievement for seven years...

Christmas decorations have been apparent for at least two months. The warmer weather has been spluttering along in fits and starts after a miserable late winter and a changeable early spring. I'm finding myself longing for sunlit days, whilst realising that another hot summer will end up wringing every bit of energy out of us.

Sports news is currently filled with cricket, basketball and horse racing. Mad Melburnians are in the midst of their racing carnival and dressing in all their frothy finery, ignoring their "four seasons in one day" climate. Their spring carnival will culminate in all the glory of Melbourne Cup Day at the beginning of November. Before we know, summer will be with us.

Which is why I am trying to get organised and gear up for the rest of this year.  I am still not quite coping with the concept that Christmas Day is only nine weeks away. And the East End Gallery will close on Christmas Eve until Friday 23 February 2018.

We will be having a Sundowner to celebrate our third anniversary on Saturday 16 December. The Gallery will be open from 11 am until 9 pm (or beyond). I can already promise beverages and nibbles. I am sure we will have live music.  And if I play my cards right, we will also present a demonstration of pastel art that day as well. Not to mention an ideal opportunity for Christmas shopping. We can guarantee our guests that this will be a fantastic sundowner to gather, enjoy and soak up the atmosphere of our East End Gallery.

Having given you a sneak preview of this event, here are some of our latest art pieces in the East End Gallery for your perusal. We are sure that all our visitors will be able to find that special something amongst our fifty artists and over one hundred and twenty artworks.

See you at our Sundowner!







































































































No comments:

Post a Comment