Friday 3 April 2015

Oh What a Night...

We made it. We opened the doors of the East end Gallery extension at 11 am yesterday. I was so excited. Michael's vision is almost realised. Now all we have left is the final forty-five square metres of Shop 4 to complete the East End Gallery. Which will happen in due course. Once Michael gets his renovating sense of humour back. The building has put him in hospital twice and tried to kill him last month. He needs a break...

The journey started in July 2012. Out of three hundred and ninety square metres, we only have the last quadrant of the last shop to finish. Whoa. I am so in awe of Michael's's achievement. And I adore the building, in spite of the toll she has taken.

She is like the mistress in our marriage. The third person. I accept her, I honour her, I understand her. The building has dictated our lives. Now Michael  is so close to finishing the project, I want to encourage him, support him, just love him. And his efforts.

We worked non-stop up until yesterday morning. Dave the Brave, our electrician, installed the power points into the Gallery late on Wednesday afternoon. I cleaned, vacuumed and revised the catalogue until one o' clock in the morning on Thursday. We opened and I was gobsmacked!

We had a fabulous opening night of the Autumn Exhibition. We had enthusiastic guests, wine, finger foods and impromptu live music. Guy, our handyman, carpenter and international man of mystery arrived with a drum and guitar. Between him and two other guests, the East End Gallery had a jam session that lasted till nearly midnight. How lucky were we.

I'm a little the worse for wear today. But I opened at just after eleven thirty this morning. And we had wall to wall visitors until four o' clock in the afternoon.

So pleased, so proud. See you all tomorrow from eleven o' clock.





WOW! What a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment