Friday, 31 July 2026

My Life In Songs.

 At birth... 

"Seven Seconds"

 The title and refrain of the song refers to the first moments of a child's life; as Cherry put it, "not knowing about the problems and violence in our world".[

As a small child... 

"Save all your kisses for me"

 The song's final line provided a twist that the aforementioned loved one was his three-year-old daughter.

About my brother Michael...

"He ain't heavy, he's my brother"

Even though not technically correct, he was the first love of my life... 

About being a lonely teenager...

"What about me?"

A small child waiting at the counter, which was me longing to be noticed 

When Michael left and I was all alone

At Seventeen...

"At Seventeen"

No description necessary... 

The beginnings of taking prescription drugs...

"Mamma's Little Helper"

 a 1966 satirical song by the Rolling Stones about the widespred prescription prescription and abuse of 1966 satirical song by The Rolling Stones about the widespread prescription and abuse of tranquilizers like Valium among suburban housewives 

(Sorry about the yellow)

 Getting married very young...

"Chapel of Love"

Married for life with a man I loved... 

Baby/ Child loss..

'Beam me up"/"Tears in Heaven".

Who could I cope with 4 deaths of my babies...

"Lost that Lovin' Feeling'

The end of my first marriage... 

My first breakdown...

"Breakdown Dead Ahead"

Affair with a married man and the subsequent aftermath...

"Won't be Fooled Again"

Meeting Michael...

"Begin Again"

Love at first sight...

Our relationship dealing with his children...

"Miss Sarajevo"

Gelling married again...

"Love Shack"/"What a Wonderful World"...

to the light of my life...

Having so much fun together...

New horizons together

"We've Only Just Begun"

Happiness seemed assured...

Building our our home...

"Our House"/"You've made me so very Happy"

Creating a dream coming true...

"Taking Chances"

Risks about making our Gallery a reality...

Living hand to mouth,,,

"Hand to Mouth"

Being worn down by lack of money every single week...

Four years of hell...

"Hanging On"

That someday we won't

have to worry about money...

And most recently... 

"Demons" 

Confronting my inner chaos and the fear of letting people see me fall apart...

My fear of losing Michael ...

'Will You Still Love Me tomorrow"

Because I am such a pain in the arse.  

"New Beginning" 

Hope that I become the person I long to be again, 


 

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment