Thursday 3 September 2015

The Excitement is Building to a Crescendo!

We are on the eve of Michael's 60th birthday. He has been installing copper pipe at the East End Gallery today; I have been in the garden. Vanessa roared into Beverley fairly early this morning. She rang us from Mundaring at twenty past eight.We were sound asleep. Once I became properly conscious, I rang her back. My first question to her was "Where is my daughter and what have you done with her?", This is an ongoing joke between us as Vanessa is renown for her loathing of any time prior to midday. She was in our driveway by ten o'clock.

I was lucky enough to have one of our artists, Mandy Evans, volunteer to open the Gallery today. I was trying to complete a number of jobs at the House that Rocks before Michael's birthday blast officially begins tomorrow.Vanessa has cooked, washed up, hung out clothes and vacuumed the house. I was stoked as I could be in the garden all afternoon, loving the first warm day this spring. I weeded and swept the brick paving areas and cleaned the outdoor table and chairs. I finished my love affair with the garden at dusk. There is still more to do but I am quite satisfied with my efforts and I think the garden looks quite good for the celebration this weekend.

Michael has received more presents. An up to date Western Australian Roads and Tracks directory was presented to him from me. Vanessa bought her beloved (step) dad lots of lollies. He was very satisfied with these gifts. Michael loves sweeties ...

Delightful little Linda, who works at our IGA bought him a bottle of red. Our friend, Melissa enquired as to his favourite brand of Bourbon and she arrives tomorrow to spend the weekend here with her daughter, Cathryn. I have not met Cathryn yet, but as she has survived having Mel as a mum, I suspect she is an all around great girl!

Sandra ( Michael's sister) and Zoe and Fay (cousins) all descent on the Beverley Bed and Breakfast sometime during the morning. We have multiple friends, both locally and from elsewhere, dropping in over the weekend. We have enough food to feed the Fifth Battalion. The only dodgy aspect is the weather.

We are expecting possible rain tomorrow night and Saturday morning. This may throw a spanner in the works as our house isn't big enough to accommodate more than about three visitors...What the hell. We will cope. The fact that Michael has made it to sixty is cause for believing anything is possible. Jesus illustrated that with loaves and fishes. We can do similar with our house and the Gallery if necessary.

Saturday night we will be lighting our bonfire. This should be a ripping event, complete with nibblies and large glasses of vino. Half the neighbours are coming, the other lot have been warned. This is shaping to either be the social occasion of the century. Or it could be a demonstration of sixty-year-old men behaving badly. Either way, Michael's birthday will be a blast!



The birthday boy - Eulaminna May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment